Monday, September 27, 2010

Raindream - FINAL

Here is the final for Raindream. I need to stare at this a lot longer before I can determine what I do not like about it; what I would change. the number of possible improvements are probably many, however I just need a break from looking at this tangled dragon for a little while.

I do not usually post the cards I (and a friend) have designed to go with the recent images on this blog, they can all be seen here, however. I am happy enough with Raindream the raster and Raindream the text that I have decided to post the card 'spoiler' this time.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Raindream - Color Process

Here is the color step for 'Raindream'; not much to add at the moment as this is a work in progress.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Raindream - Underpainting

I had some fun designing new brush presets this morning in order to get the canopy background effect for this image. Now I have to restrain myself from jumping the gun by adding various final touches; I am only just getting started with this one.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Raligan Slave Drums - Final

I am getting better at fully realizing my images as planned. This one presented challenges and not all of them were dealt with to my complete satisfaction, however I still consider this image a great step in the right direction.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Raligan Slave Drums - Color

It feels good to not be sick anymore and back to work.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raligan Slave Drums - Underpainting 2

Production of this image has been plagued by delays including an unexpected visitor, a trip out of town, a truly wretched illness, and a holiday. It seems cursed. And now today, I have all kinds of errands to run that I didn't plan on. I'll probably have it done next week.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Raligan Slave Drums - Underpainting

I have been so busy lately. I knew this image was going to take me a while, but so many distractions and obligations have only worsened my progress on this image. I am glad to be back in the saddle. I think I need to extend the left-hand edge, that doesn't look good at all.