Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Malefic - In Progress

I took a few weeks off to give serious effort to the Great Designer Search 2. I made it past round one and felt very confident about my answers for the test during round two, but alas I did not succeed. In that time I created an essentially complete 249 card set. I say 'essentially' because the set is, of course, in need of plenty of revision before it could be called workable. Cards like my 'Haruspex Chancel' are evidence of various ideas frozen together in a mess. Despite all of that, I am confident the set was among the best individual efforts put forth on that wiki.

If only people who have played Magic since Alara were under consideration, there is no doubt in my mind that I would be in the top 5%. I will assert forever that WotC could find value in the fresh ideas of a person who has not been so thoroughly steeped in the game's past, but I will never have their ear to make the case.


So I put that pipe dream to rest in search of another. Here is my progress on Malefic, demon extraordinaire. I don't usually make illustrations that are so " \m/ ", but I have long been trying to work outside of my comfort zone in order to find where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment