Monday, March 7, 2011

'Segmentation Challenge' - Thumbnail and Sketch

I've been making attempts to make my digital art more 'comic' (as in sequential art, not humor) for a while now. I am not after the linearity of an 'inked' look, but rather the saturation, contrast, and POV that comes to mind when one thinks of comic books. This segmentation challenge from Art Order is only a push in the same direction for me. My target audience, per the challenge, will be the 18-24 crowd.


I went through three different orientations for the figure in Photoshop and liked this one the best; it's the most dynamic and I always enjoy the look and challenge of dramatic foreshortening. The down-n-front posterior will eventually be covered by the scalemail as dictated by the art order of the challenge. Also, this is the first Beholder I've ever drawn--it was quite a bit of fun.

1 comment:

  1. I like the pic. Lots of action. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete